Of course, Super Bowl Sunday is one of the biggest sports events of the year. Even people who don’t know how to play football are planning to attend Super Bowl parties not just to watch the game ~ but also to enjoy some delicious Super Bowl fare. Unfortunately, a lot of Super Bowl snacks are not the healthiest. If you plan on cooking something on Sunday, consider some of these healthy recipes below. They’re easy to make…and most importantly, super delicious!
Baked Honey Garlic Chicken Wings (picture on the top left)
Prep Time: 1 hr 10 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr 10 mins
Total Time: 2 hrs 20 mins
Servings: 34 chicken pieces
3 lbs chicken wings
¾ cup honey
½ cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 tablespoons ketchup
1. Remove wing tips and discard. Cut wings apart at joint. Put in a shallow 9X13 inch casserole dish.
2. In a bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, garlic powder and ketchup.
3. Pour marinade over the chicken pieces and let marinate for at least an hour.
4. Preheat oven at 375°F.
5. Place casserole dish in the oven and bake the chicken along with the marinade at for 1 hour, turning once.
6. Serve with the sauce. Alternatively, for drier wings, remove chicken from the casserole dish and place chicken wings on a rack set in a baking pan. Return to the oven and bake for 5 minutes, turn and bake the other side for 5 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Author: Liza Agbanlog
*** if you would like to make a gluten-free version of this receipe, substitute the soy sauce with equal amounts of gluten-free soy sauce. We highly recommend using an all-natural Gluten-Free Tamari Soy Sauce made by San-J. You can find it in many health food stores.
5 Ingredient Turkey Chili (picture on the top right)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 cup onions chopped
1.5 pounds ground turkey
30 ounces tomatoes with green chiles
30 ounces garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
2 Tablespoons cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the chopped onions and ground turkey in a large soup pot and cook over medium heat.
2. Cook until turkey is browned and cooked through. Drain out any excess grease.
3. Add the garbanzo beans, tomatoes, and cumin. Stir. Add about 3/4 cup water, and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes to let the flavors come together.
5. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
6. Serve topped with avocado, cilantro, tortilla chips, or salsa.
Author: Kelly Roenicke