A fusion of Mexican and Filipino style adobo chicken flavors combined then grilled up to make one FLAVORFUL chicken burger! These Chicken burgers are simple to make, healthy, gluten free, dairy free, and unreal GOOD! Perfect BBQ food!
• 1 ½ lbs ground chicken
• 1/4 cup olive oil or avocado oil
• 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano
• 1/2 tsp dried red pepper
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1/4 tsp crushed or ground black peppercorn
• 1/4 tsp cumin
• 2 tbsp brown sugar
• optional 1/4 cup fresh parsley or 1 bay leaf
• 2 tbsp gluten-free flour
• Gluten free burger buns
• extra parsley for garnish
• onion and lettuce for toppings
1. Make sure your chicken is cleaned and ground.
2. Combine all your spices, sugar, gluten-free soy sauce, herbs, garlic, and oil in a food processor. Add in the parsley or bay leaf (optional). Blend until a marinade is formed.
3. Mix the marinade into the ground chicken and let it sit in fridge to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours OR up to 24 hours
4. Remove from fridge and add in gluten-free flour. Mix again.
5. Roll ground chicken into patties about the size of your palm.
6. Place on greased grill pan or grill for 6-8 minutes each. Flipping once. You can grill all together or individually. Check to make sure center is done or meat has reach 160F internally.
7. Season with any extra salt & pepper
8. Remove chicken burgers. Toast your buns. Add tomato sauce or ketchup (optional). Then place your burger, lettuce, and onion on top.